Usman Baba-Alkali, Inspector-General of Police (IGP), has ordered the immediate reinstatement of three police officers caught in a viral video firing shots into the air while escorting a musician who sings the praises of the ruling party.
Three officers — Insprector Dahiru Shuaibu, Sergeant Abdullahi Badamasi and Sergeant Isah Danladi — were attached to a popular All Progressives Congress (APC) praise singer Dauda Adamu Kahutu, beter known as ‘Rarara’. They were dismissed for sporadically shooting live ammunition into the air while escorting Rarara in Kano.
While announcing their dismissal on April 13, Muyiwa Adejobi, Force Public Relations Officer, had said the actions of the men were “not only criminal and unprofessional, but also embarrassing to the Force and the nation at large”.
DISCIPLINE: 3 POLICEMEN DISMISSED FOR DISCIPLINARY OFFENCESSubsequent to complaints and findings on video pic.twitter.com/dAiVNiekvq
— Prince Olumuyiwa Adejobi (@Princemoye1) April 13, 2023
“Subsequent to complaints and findings on video evidence widely circulated on Friday 7th April, 2023, on social media of high-handedness, unprofessional conduct, and misuse of firearms against some policemen from Special Protection Unit (SPU) Base 1, Kano, and a follow-up orderly room trial of the affected policemen by the Force Provost Marshal, three officers from the SPU Base 1 Kano have been dismissed for the offences of discreditable conduct to wit misuse of firearms, abuse of power, gross indiscipline, and wastage of live ammunition,” Adejobi had said.
However, in a letter addressed to the Assistant Inspector-General of Police, Special Protection Unit, and dated May 25, 2023 — just six weeks later — the IGP said he had granted the appeal of the three dismissed officers.
READ MORE: Police Dismiss 3 Officers Firing Shots Into the Air in Viral Video
The letter, signed by Shawulu Danmamman, the Commissioner of Police in charge of discipline and reinstatement at the Force Headquarters, ordered for the restoration of the officers’ kits, salaries and emoluments.
The letter read, “The Inspector-General of Police has graciously considered the appeal against the dismissal of the above named appellants, and has subsequently approved their reinstatement without salary arrears with effect from 18th May, 2023. They have, however, been awarded the punishment of severe reprimand.
“You are to document, rekit, and restore their salary/emoluments. It is a further directive of the IGP that they are demobed from your unit to the Police Commands within the southern part of the federation.”
The post IGP Secretly Reinstates 3 Policemen Fired for Wasting Live Bullets for ‘APC Musician’ appeared first on Foundation For Investigative Journalism.
<p>The post IGP Secretly Reinstates 3 Policemen Fired for Wasting Live Bullets for ‘APC Musician’ first appeared on SwordPress.</p>
- Bloomberg rates Aliko Dangote richest man in Africa with $15.6bn
- Stop Punishing Nigerians, Release Your Hoarded New Naira Notes, PDP Tells APC, Tinubu Campaign
- Asiwaju Tinubu writes Nigerians over Naira Scarcity
- SANWO-OLU CONGRATULATES MAMORA ON 70TH BIRTHDAY
- Naira redesign: please remain calm, AbdulRazaq urges Kwarans
- New naira: Full text of Buhari’s nationwide address
- Gov AbdulRazaq has done so well, he is my personal candidate, says Etsu Tsaragi
- SANWO-OLU DEPLOYS AIRCRAFT FOR AERIAL MAPPING OF LAGOS
- 2023: Deputy Governor, Obasa Make Revelations About Tinubu
- For the Records!Gov Rufai broadcast on Naira Redesign
- Opinion!TECHNICAL AND SUBSTANTIVE JUSTICE: AN APPRAISAL OF THE SUPREME COURT DECISION IN APC V. BASHIR SHERIFF MACHINA & 2 ORS By. Henry Kelechukwu Eni-Otu, Esq.
- Opinion! The Thin Line Between Wike and Whiskey By Adeshina Oyetayo
- Easter: Lagos Speaker Congratulates Christians, Says Nigeria On Path To Greatness
- Opinion!CHIMAMANDA – NIGERIA’s POSITIVELY GROWING DEMOCRACY By Dele Alake
- Release Prof Gye-Wado,Kayode Ajulo begs Kidnappers