FGN Bonds Yields Drop as Liquidity Spurs Rally
Nigeria’s bond market rallied on Thursday in the secondary market as a healthy liquidity level in the financial system spurred demand for debt instruments amidst inflation concerns.
With pockets of cash available, there was moderate demand in the secondary market. On the other side, some investors rebalance their portfolios in a bid to optimise return.
“Inflation and weak local currency are downsides to optimal asset portfolio construction for most asset management or fund managers at the moment but there is a possibility for higher return when the government demands increase”, an investment banking expert told Nairalaw.com.
Bondholders and asset/fund managers locked in funds after interest rates jumped while inflation continues to eclipse real return on naira assets.
The market witnessed stable prices in the secondary market due to a relatively quiet proceeding, albeit, with a bullish tilt. The average FGN bond yield on the secondary market contracted to 13.98%.
In its market note, analysts at Cowry Asset Management Limited said the 30-year debt was 69 basis points richer, yielding 15.66%, 11 basis points lower from 15.77%.
It was noted that the 10-year, 15-year, and 20-year FGN bond yields held steady at 12.55%, 14.81%, and 15.58%, respectively on account of moderate volume record transacted.
Elsewhere, Cowry Asset Managers said the value of the FGN Eurobond closed higher for most of the maturities amid renewed bullish sentiment; consequently, the average secondary market yield decreased to 12.11%. #FGN Bonds Yields Drop as Liquidity Spurs Rally
Naira Steadies as Banks Issue Update on FX Purchase
The post FGN Bonds Yields Drop as Liquidity Spurs Rally appeared first on Nairalaw.com.
Powered by WPeMatico
- Bloomberg rates Aliko Dangote richest man in Africa with $15.6bn
- Stop Punishing Nigerians, Release Your Hoarded New Naira Notes, PDP Tells APC, Tinubu Campaign
- Asiwaju Tinubu writes Nigerians over Naira Scarcity
- SANWO-OLU CONGRATULATES MAMORA ON 70TH BIRTHDAY
- Naira redesign: please remain calm, AbdulRazaq urges Kwarans
- New naira: Full text of Buhari’s nationwide address
- Gov AbdulRazaq has done so well, he is my personal candidate, says Etsu Tsaragi
- SANWO-OLU DEPLOYS AIRCRAFT FOR AERIAL MAPPING OF LAGOS
- 2023: Deputy Governor, Obasa Make Revelations About Tinubu
- For the Records!Gov Rufai broadcast on Naira Redesign
- Opinion!TECHNICAL AND SUBSTANTIVE JUSTICE: AN APPRAISAL OF THE SUPREME COURT DECISION IN APC V. BASHIR SHERIFF MACHINA & 2 ORS By. Henry Kelechukwu Eni-Otu, Esq.
- Opinion! The Thin Line Between Wike and Whiskey By Adeshina Oyetayo
- Easter: Lagos Speaker Congratulates Christians, Says Nigeria On Path To Greatness
- Opinion!CHIMAMANDA – NIGERIA’s POSITIVELY GROWING DEMOCRACY By Dele Alake
- Release Prof Gye-Wado,Kayode Ajulo begs Kidnappers