As part of the moves to ensure that Muslims are medically fit to observe Ramadan fasting, the Zenith Pathfinders on Sunday organised a free medical screening, consultations and counselling for over 200 Muslim men, women and children in Adiyan Muslim Community, Agbodo Oja in Ogun state.
It was learnt that the free medical screening which was held at 296, Orodu Road at Ilese Bus Stop, Adiyan in Agbado Oja was aimed at making the Muslims in the community to be medical fit for Ramadan fasting.
It was further learnt that the healthcare package that were given to the Adiyan Muslim Community included, free check of blood pressure, sugar test, as well as specialist consultation giving required prescriptions and drugs to people.
In a bid to also alleviate the suffering of the less privileged, the Zenith Pathfinders also donated household item, shoes and cloths among other items to the Muslims.
Hajiah Aminah Yahya, who is the founder of the Zenith Pathfinders in an interview with Journalists, expressed joy seeing the smiles on the faces of people who benefited from the medical outreach and household items.
Hajiah Yahya said the purpose of the medical screening is to encourage the Muslims to know their medical status before fasting so that can be able to have a hitch-free Ramadan.
She said, “We are at the Adiyan Muslim community where we are holding our second edition of Pre-Ramadan Medical Screening. We started last year with over 300 participants but for this year we have over 200 participants. The essence of having this program before Ramadan is to encourage our people to know their medical status before Ramadan comes in. They have to know their health status so that they can take care of themselves before Ramadan so that they can have a hitch-free Ramadan. We also gave free household items like cloth materials, fans, freezer and others to over 150 Muslims.”
Speaking, Dr. Alabi Olarenwaju Usman from Nigeria Navy Reference Hospital, Ojo Lagos, who is the special consultant that attended to the Muslims at the medical outreach said that majority of the Muslims that participated in the medical services are medical fit to fast in the month of Ramadan.
He said, “We are here for humanitarian services for Adiyan Muslim Community. We attended to over 200 Muslims in the community. Out of the cases that I saw here is hypertension, diabetes and malaria. We have give them necessary assistance and most of them are eligible for Ramadan fasting.”
Some of the beneficiaries, who commended the Zenith Pathfinders for the gesture, urged the government to do more in making health services affordable.
Ustadh Usman AbdulRaheem, Imam of Ajumoni Central Mosque, Mutta Three, said,” This is good and we sincerely thank the organizers. They conducted medical screening for us without collecting a dime. We are so grateful.”
Also speaking, Mrs Rasidatu Bello, who also thanked the organisers, urged the government across levels to make health services affordable to the common man.
Another beneficiary, Mr. Yunus Salaudeen, who also commended the organisers for the gesture, said that the test carried out on him would have cost him a huge some in the hospital.
- Stop Punishing Nigerians, Release Your Hoarded New Naira Notes, PDP Tells APC, Tinubu Campaign
- Asiwaju Tinubu writes Nigerians over Naira Scarcity
- SANWO-OLU CONGRATULATES MAMORA ON 70TH BIRTHDAY
- Naira redesign: please remain calm, AbdulRazaq urges Kwarans
- New naira: Full text of Buhari’s nationwide address
- Gov AbdulRazaq has done so well, he is my personal candidate, says Etsu Tsaragi
- SANWO-OLU DEPLOYS AIRCRAFT FOR AERIAL MAPPING OF LAGOS
- 2023: Deputy Governor, Obasa Make Revelations About Tinubu
- For the Records!Gov Rufai broadcast on Naira Redesign
- Opinion!TECHNICAL AND SUBSTANTIVE JUSTICE: AN APPRAISAL OF THE SUPREME COURT DECISION IN APC V. BASHIR SHERIFF MACHINA & 2 ORS By. Henry Kelechukwu Eni-Otu, Esq.
- Opinion! The Thin Line Between Wike and Whiskey By Adeshina Oyetayo
- Easter: Lagos Speaker Congratulates Christians, Says Nigeria On Path To Greatness
- Opinion!CHIMAMANDA – NIGERIA’s POSITIVELY GROWING DEMOCRACY By Dele Alake
- Release Prof Gye-Wado,Kayode Ajulo begs Kidnappers
- Cattle Dealer Shot Dead In Abuja, Daughter Abducted