The Chairman/CEO, Nigerians in Diaspora Commission (NiDCOM) Hon (Dr)
Abike Dabiri-Erewa, has commended the Nigeria Immigration Service on the
step taken to ameliorate the hurdles faced by the Nigerian Diaspora on
visa application issues through the establishment of more service
In a press statement, the NiDCOM boss was elated on receiving the news
of the establishment of additional biometric visa application centers by
She said it is indeed a welcome development going by the unpleasant
situations that Nigerians living abroad face in respect of visa
Dabiri-Erewa while commending NIS for this feat also implore them to
look into other issues affecting Nigerian Diaspora in other areas not
The Nigeria Immigration Service (NIS) in a memo dated 16th March, 2023
with ref.no NIS/HQ/CGI/909/T/21 stated that an approval for the
establishment of additional biometric visa application centers in twelve
cities has been received from the Ministry of Interior.
The cities are
2. Nairobi- Kenya.
3. Ottawa- Canada.
4. Vienna- Austria
5. Stockholm- Sweden.
6. Brussels- Belgium
7. Bern- Switzerland
8. Dublin- Ireland
9. Madrid- Spain
10. Cairo-. Egypt.
11. Rabat- Morocco
12. Tokyo- Japan.
The service centres will attend to Nigerians in the Diaspora that hold
other countries passports and need Nigerian visas to visit home.
The Service Centres are also available options that will ensure
submission of visa requests are done other than Nigerian Embassies
thereby reducing the waiting time that visa applicants have had to go
- Stop Punishing Nigerians, Release Your Hoarded New Naira Notes, PDP Tells APC, Tinubu Campaign
- Asiwaju Tinubu writes Nigerians over Naira Scarcity
- SANWO-OLU CONGRATULATES MAMORA ON 70TH BIRTHDAY
- Naira redesign: please remain calm, AbdulRazaq urges Kwarans
- New naira: Full text of Buhari’s nationwide address
- Gov AbdulRazaq has done so well, he is my personal candidate, says Etsu Tsaragi
- SANWO-OLU DEPLOYS AIRCRAFT FOR AERIAL MAPPING OF LAGOS
- 2023: Deputy Governor, Obasa Make Revelations About Tinubu
- For the Records!Gov Rufai broadcast on Naira Redesign
- Opinion!TECHNICAL AND SUBSTANTIVE JUSTICE: AN APPRAISAL OF THE SUPREME COURT DECISION IN APC V. BASHIR SHERIFF MACHINA & 2 ORS By. Henry Kelechukwu Eni-Otu, Esq.
- Opinion! The Thin Line Between Wike and Whiskey By Adeshina Oyetayo
- Easter: Lagos Speaker Congratulates Christians, Says Nigeria On Path To Greatness
- Opinion!CHIMAMANDA – NIGERIA’s POSITIVELY GROWING DEMOCRACY By Dele Alake
- Release Prof Gye-Wado,Kayode Ajulo begs Kidnappers
- Cattle Dealer Shot Dead In Abuja, Daughter Abducted