World Health Organisation has predicted that COVID-19 may likely be over as a public health emergency in 2023. The Director General of the Organisation, Dr. Tedros Ghebreyesus disclosed this at a virtual media briefing on Friday, March 17. Recall that COVID-19 was declared a public health emergency of international concern on January 30, 2020, when there were fewer than 100 reported cases of COVID-19 outside China, and also no reported deaths outside the Communist country. A public health emergency of international concern is the highest level of alarm that the WHO can sound under international law. During the briefing, the WHO chief said there were now almost seven million reported deaths from COVID-19, although the actual number of deaths was much higher..We are certainly in a much better position now than we have been at any time during the pandemic. Its very pleasing to see that for the first time, the weekly number of reported deaths in the past four weeks has been lower than when we first used the word pandemic three years ago. I am confident that this year we will be able to say that COVID-19 is over as a public health emergency of international concern. We are not there yet. Last week, there were still more than five thousand reported deaths. Thats five thousand too many for a disease that can be prevented and treated. Even as we become increasingly hopeful about the end of the pandemic, the question of how it began remains unanswered, he said. Ghebreyesus urged China to be transparent in sharing COVID-19 data in efforts to determine the diseases origins. The post COVID-19 may end this year – WHO appeared first on Swordpress.
<p>The post COVID-19 may end this year – WHO first appeared on SwordPress.NG ! Swordspress.com Take 2 Swords.</p>
COVID-19 may end this year – WHO was first posted on March 18, 2023 at 3:00 am.
©2023 “SwordPress.NG ! Swordspress.com Take 2 Swords“. Use of this feed is for personal non-commercial use only. If you are not reading this article in your feed reader, then the site is guilty of copyright infringement. Please contact me at email@example.com
- Empowerment: 30 Host Community Youths Graduate from Dangote Electrical Training Programme
- Kwara Gov leads victorious APC candidates on a thank-you-visit to Emir of Ilorin, first class monarchs
- NIDCOM BOSS COMMENDS NIGERIA IMMIGRATION SERVICES (NIS) ON ESTABLISHMENT OF ADDITIONAL VISA CENTERS
- Rite Foods Celebrates With Muslim Faithful’s During Ramadan, Urges Peaceful-coexistence
- Mouka Felicitates Muslims, Promotes Quality Sleep To Safeguard Wellbeing During Ramadan
- Supporters Trekking To Kano Over My Victory Should Stop – Abba Gida-Gida
- GTCO FOOD & DRINK FESTIVAL 2023… A CELEBRATION OF FOOD!
- Ramadan: Zenith Pathfinders Organizes Free Medical Screening For Muslim Community In Ogun
- i am not trying to manipulate Abia ELECTIONS INEC Chairman
- Solomon: It’s Renewed Hope for Nigeria, Sustained Progress in Lagos
- FCT POLICE DISCOVERS SUSPECTED INDIAN HEMP FARM, ARREST PLANTER.
- 2023: SHETTIMA, SANWO-OLU, OTHERS DRUM SUPPORT FOR TINUBU
- Buhari to address 77th UN General Assembly
- Chinese stabs girlfriend to death in Kano
- KSA@76: Iconic Maestro Rides On by Faj