Lagos State Governor, Babatunde Fashola, on Monday, paid glowing tributes to one of his predecessors in office, Sir Michael Otedola, who passed away the same day, describing him as a man with very good records of service.
The governor, who had earlier at a state event called for the observance of a minute silence in memory of late Otedola, directed that all flags in the state should fly at half mast for seven days in honour of his service to the state.
While condoling with the widow, Lady Otedola and the children Femi, Lola, Tola and Bolaji, Governor Fashola prayed for the peaceful repose of the soul of the departed.
He recalled that Otedola was responsible for choosing the sobriquet, “Centre of Excellence” for Lagos during his tenure as governor. He added that Otedola would also be remembered for several landmark projects such as the housing estate which he started at Abraham Adesanya and another one at the Toll Gate.
Fashola assured that the contributions of late Otedola are well documented in voluminous records of the State Government.
DROPS ALL ABOUT CARS TAXIS TRUCKS & MORE
powered by dotifi.com start an online business free selling domains hosting websites apps advertising business accounting solutions and more
CONTACT US NOW
NIGERIAS FIRST CAR SEARCH ENGINE
BUY SELL CARS ONLINE ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD CALL SMS WHATSAPP 234 806 495 0565
POWERED BY DROPS.NG RINGROAD CAR BOOKING & DOTWAKA.COM SHIPPING & WWW.AIR.I.NG
OJO OJO O ! NIGERIAS FIRST SEARCH ENGINE
FOR ADVERT CALL WHATSAPP 234 806 495 0565 !
… we have a small favour to ask. Millions are turning to Swordpress for open, independent, quality news every day, and readers in 180 countries around the world now support us financially.
We believe everyone deserves access to information that’s grounded in science and truth, and analysis rooted in authority and integrity. That’s why we made a different choice: to keep our reporting open for all readers, regardless of where they live or what they can afford to pay. This means more people can be better informed, united, and inspired to take meaningful action.
In these perilous times, a truth-seeking global news organisation like Swordpress is essential. We have no shareholders or billionaire owner, meaning our journalism is free from commercial and political influence – this makes us different. When it’s never been more important, our independence allows us to fearlessly investigate, challenge and expose those in power. Support Swordpress from as little as $1 – it only takes a minute. If you can, please consider supporting us with a regular amount each month. Thank you. go to www.dash.i.ng
- FCT POLICE DISCOVERS SUSPECTED INDIAN HEMP FARM, ARREST PLANTER.
- 2023: SHETTIMA, SANWO-OLU, OTHERS DRUM SUPPORT FOR TINUBU
- Buhari to address 77th UN General Assembly
- Chinese stabs girlfriend to death in Kano
- KSA@76: Iconic Maestro Rides On by Faj
- OSINBAJO TO REPRESENT NIGERIA AT STATE FUNERAL FOR QUEEN ELIZABETH II IN LONDON
- PANAF condemns the directive by govt to arrest entertainers in Northern Nigeria
- Ogun will partner with foreign firms to boost cotton production – Abiodun
- Bandits relocating to North-East, govs raise the alarm
- MultiChoice to merge BBNaija with Big Brother SA, announces more packages
- JUST IN: Terrorists attack Zamfara mosque, kidnap worshippers
- Opinion!BUHARI’S FOOTPRINTS FROM HOME TO DIASPORA
- Bemore Summer bootcamp: Jimoh Ibrahim Promises To Sponsor 100 Boys …Donates N10m For BEMORE Institution
- We are better off under AbdulRazaq’s govt: Kwara college of education teachers • say no regret backing Gov
- Kwara United will excel at Continental, says Gov • AbdulRazaq bags Award for investment in Sports industr