American weekly magazine TIME, has named the Coordinating Minister for the Economy and Minister of Finance of Nigeria, Dr. Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala in its 2014 TIME 100, an annual list of the 100 most influential people in the world.
Okonjo-Iweala was listed under the “Leaders” category alongside China’s President Xi Jinping; United States Secretary of State, John Kerry; Russia’s President Vladmir Putin; Iran’s President Hassan Rouhani and Japan’s Prime Minister Shinzo Abe, among others.
One of Nigeria’s richest business mogul, Alhaji Aliko Dangote; former US Secretary of State, Hillary Clinton; Chair of the US Federal Reserve Board, Janet Yellen and German Chancellor Angela Merkel were also mentioned under other categories in the list.
In an accompanying profile, respected global activist and founder of ONE campaign, Bono eulogised Okonjo-Iweala’s role in settling the nation’s Paris Club debt and her fierce fight towards eradication of corruption in the country.
Bono applauded her work as finance minister, noting that it is one of the toughest jobs on the planet.
“Humour and joy spill out of her. She is fiercely intelligent; everyone wants her to work with them. I couldn’t be prouder to work for her”, Bono said.
Responding, Okonjo-Iweala, described the award as very delighting, especially because it has come very soon after the Rockefeller Leadership Award she was bestowed with recently.
“I am grateful to God for his blessings and I appreciate the privilege and honour of working for my country”, Okonjo-Iweala said.
“I am thankful to my teams that worked hard to help me achieve. I appreciate the support and prayers of millions of Nigerians and friends around the world. This is vastly encouraging.”
DROPS ALL ABOUT CARS TAXIS TRUCKS & MORE
powered by dotifi.com start an online business free selling domains hosting websites apps advertising business accounting solutions and more
CONTACT US NOW
NIGERIAS FIRST CAR SEARCH ENGINE
BUY SELL CARS ONLINE ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD CALL SMS WHATSAPP 234 806 495 0565
POWERED BY DROPS.NG RINGROAD CAR BOOKING & DOTWAKA.COM SHIPPING & WWW.AIR.I.NG
OJO OJO O ! NIGERIAS FIRST SEARCH ENGINE
FOR ADVERT CALL WHATSAPP 234 806 495 0565 !
… we have a small favour to ask. Millions are turning to Swordpress for open, independent, quality news every day, and readers in 180 countries around the world now support us financially.
We believe everyone deserves access to information that’s grounded in science and truth, and analysis rooted in authority and integrity. That’s why we made a different choice: to keep our reporting open for all readers, regardless of where they live or what they can afford to pay. This means more people can be better informed, united, and inspired to take meaningful action.
In these perilous times, a truth-seeking global news organisation like Swordpress is essential. We have no shareholders or billionaire owner, meaning our journalism is free from commercial and political influence – this makes us different. When it’s never been more important, our independence allows us to fearlessly investigate, challenge and expose those in power. Support Swordpress from as little as $1 – it only takes a minute. If you can, please consider supporting us with a regular amount each month. Thank you. go to www.dash.i.ng
- FCT POLICE DISCOVERS SUSPECTED INDIAN HEMP FARM, ARREST PLANTER.
- 2023: SHETTIMA, SANWO-OLU, OTHERS DRUM SUPPORT FOR TINUBU
- Buhari to address 77th UN General Assembly
- Chinese stabs girlfriend to death in Kano
- KSA@76: Iconic Maestro Rides On by Faj
- OSINBAJO TO REPRESENT NIGERIA AT STATE FUNERAL FOR QUEEN ELIZABETH II IN LONDON
- PANAF condemns the directive by govt to arrest entertainers in Northern Nigeria
- Ogun will partner with foreign firms to boost cotton production – Abiodun
- Bandits relocating to North-East, govs raise the alarm
- MultiChoice to merge BBNaija with Big Brother SA, announces more packages
- JUST IN: Terrorists attack Zamfara mosque, kidnap worshippers
- Opinion!BUHARI’S FOOTPRINTS FROM HOME TO DIASPORA
- Bemore Summer bootcamp: Jimoh Ibrahim Promises To Sponsor 100 Boys …Donates N10m For BEMORE Institution
- We are better off under AbdulRazaq’s govt: Kwara college of education teachers • say no regret backing Gov
- Kwara United will excel at Continental, says Gov • AbdulRazaq bags Award for investment in Sports industr